Tuesday, December 9, 2008

breaking the silence

wow. it's been awhile since i last updated, but well, as you know...i have been busy with my exams. My FINAL examinations....hopefully.

Truthfully speaking, I am not very confident of getting through -- due to what happened with my P1 paper last semester -- but *fingers crossed* there's definitely hope still.

*FINGERS-ARMS-LEGS-TOES-EYES-HEART CROSSED*

So i'm exactly one week into my deliciously wonderful holidays.

I finally went to Redbox lowyat with my mom last wednesday. It was my promise to her since mother's day! That's how busy she and i have been. Unfortunately, our experience was not very pleasant. It was nice of them to give us one of the larger rooms, but to my disappointment, they cut us off even before the 3 hrs time limt was up!

FYI this has actually never happened before. At least not during a happy hour session.

I would be very understanding, if they have customers waiting for the rooms outside, but there wasn't a single soul at the reception when we left!

I must try the Klang Greenbox again. They did not chase us out, even though the student package came with free flow drinks and we stayed from 1pm to 9pm. Yes. NINE. They were even nice enough to offer us the evening buffet session for an extra charge of only rm10 per person. No such offer from lowyat.

Humph.

Ok. nuf grumbling.

Besides the karaoke session, i have also FINALLY paid a visit to my god-family. I have NOT seen them since september! I'm so glad to find the 2 kids enjoying their holidays too. The elder one in particular was lot more cheerful than before. Guess it isn't just ACCA. Schools can be pretty stressful too nowadays.

BUT still, NOT as stressful as work i suppose. I think my god-sis have not had a proper holiday since CNY.

Counting down myself.

7 weeks more.

*shivers*

The last 3 days i have spent it playing RoTK2.

No idea what i'm talking about?

Well...think back bout 17 years ago. Right. SEVENTEEN YEARS.

It's Romance of the Three Kingdom II -- a turn-base strategy computer game by KOEI, released in 1991. I think they were still using those big-floppy diskettes then. I hope you have seen before one of those pre-historic data storage instruments.

anyway.

Yes i know RTK is now in its 11th version of something. But i like this old thing.

No fancy graphics. No complicating commands. All you need is your right hand on the keypad. 12 buttons is all one needs.

Simple and fun.

It's sad though, that i wasted the first 2 days leading my character to doom because i forgot how important the character's 'trust' is. I spent 2 days wondering why my generals keep betraying me. Only when i finally decided to google up some tips did i realise that i was not helping myself at all by reading secret messages and imposing special tax on my people.

I'm back on the right track now. =)

Now i gotta go shower, and wait to watch ENCHANTED!

No comments: